June 26, 2008

Banking and Mortgage Companies

I have been watching and reading all the crap about the banks working with people risking foreclosure on their homes. I can guarantee you that this is the biggest load of crap the media is trying to pass off. I suppose it is to try to reassure the public or it may be that the banks have as much control over the press as the government. I called a mortgage company to see if the could work out a resolution to loosing a house. The very rude lady bluntly told me to either pay up an inflated price or just sell the house. She then hung up with no further advice. I just don't know what our people are going to do to survive these times. Average people having to choose whether to pay their mortgages, utilities or eat. I have to at least give some of the corporations a pat on the back, like Wal-Mart and some of the drug store chains selling thousands of prescriptions for $4.00 for a months supply.

We who have pulled our heads out of the sand know we have to take care of ourselves. We have seen the government can not be there for everybody during a disaster. I think a multitude of disasters are heading our way and will stretch all our resources very thin. Wait, is that not what is happening now! If anyone has any ideas or input on dealing with mortgage companies let me know as we need all the advice we can get. Sorry I did not get to write more. Still tired from sitting with the daughter at the ER all night. Slowest place I have ever seen.

No comments: