July 27, 2008

Animals

The animal additions that were added to the farm a couple weeks ago are settling in fine. The chickens have developed their pecking orders and stopped trying to bully each other. One of them needs a new Timex though, he crows day and night trying to wake up the entire farm. The baby goat has started eating from the wife's hand the last couple of days. She was the timid one and we were afraid she wasn't getting enough to eat because of the larger goats. One of the nannies is starting to show. I suppose we will have a new baby in about three months. I want to take some advice of one of the other blogger I read daily, and purchase a couple of work horses and a cart and other horse drawn implements. We have a few on the farm that belonged to my grandfather. I even found an egg when I was feeding the chickens. This is going to be a fun experience for my ex-city wife.

5 comments:

ElderGuru.com said...

Thanks for the sidebar link, bro. Git-R-Done!

- RM

scoutinlife said...

Nothing like your first egg from your chickens!

The Scavenger said...

We have a few hens too and we love the fresh eggs, once you've had them, nothing in the store compares. Can't wait till our goats start to kid, this is our first and we are very excited and scared. ha! I linked you so I can read you daily. We are very much alike.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Check out this creature we fed to the chickens: http://www.greenvilleroad.info/2008/07/hickory-horned-devil.html

Glad your coop is coming along, keep up the good work!

Survival Chick said...

You should post pictures of them!