July 14, 2008

Reality of the Economy Hitting Home

I went to a local mall with the family this weekend. I walked around in awe at the empty stores and the lack of shoppers. And it was not the small stores, it was the larger chains. I can see that people are holding on to their hard earned money or just not able to afford to spend what little they do have. As everyone can see I finally got around to listing my favorite blogs to read and learn from. I hope you all do the same. Good luck to all and keep prepping.

5 comments:

Mayberry said...

It's not a local trend. Our mall has filed for bankruptcy. Good riddance sez I, I hated the mall to begin with. Nothin' but a hangout for retarded teeny boppers, trophy wives, and gangsters anyway. Malls make me wanna puke....

Selous Scout said...

Ahhh... but if you are surrounded by zombies and need a good place to hole-up, there is nothing like a good empty Mall!

scoutinlife said...

I agree the yardsales have more people hitting them around here the the malls which are a hour away! I posted a link for your blog from my blog today as well!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the yard sale competition is getting rough.. Thanks for your list of fav blogs!

riverwalker said...

The lack of disposable income is going to affect a lot of businesses out there, as well as the malls. All the money is going in the tank or for food on the table.

RW