May 01, 2008

Getting Started at Together We Stand

Well I suppose most of the blogs I read everyday are taking some time off. All except my favorite, Jim at bison blog. So I thought I would give writing one a shot. I try to gather all the information I can on different topics so I am glad Jim is hanging in there. It seems times are getting harder on the American people every day. With rising gas and food prices only scratching the surface. I still can not understand how a country as great as ours can let itself get into the shape it is. I find it amazing that even the government is advising people to prepare for emergencies and most of the public just lets their advise fall on deaf ears. I mean when you can even buy a BOB at Wal-Mart with pamphlets from homeland security you need to take heed. Don't be a fool and stick your head in the sand. I saw this after hurricane's Katrina and Rita. Most of the people did not know what to do for themselves and the government sure did not pull off any miracles either. You don't need to depend on the government for any help or handouts, depend on yourself.

I recently saw a listing on E-Bay for a membership for a survival group. The person listing it had some good ideas, but when I asked him after his listing was up how had his response been, he said only some lookers and curiosity seekers. Most of the pro's I have spoken to told me that forming groups just does not work. I would love to be the one to prove that point wrong. As things in the world get worse I believe groups will come together. If things get bad enough I guess the strong will have their opportunity to rise up.

I guess I have rambled enough for now, I would like some readers input on contents for bug out bags and barter items. All comments welcome, even comments from evil trolls.

2 comments:

Together We Stand said...

Here We Go

Anonymous said...

TOGETHER WE STAND
I am all in!!! I am proud of you for making this happen. You have a true love for the outdoors and survival. Sharing that with those who wish to add to their knowledge is awesome.
You have so many ideas for the "how to" of survival. As your "city girl" I need HELP!!!
Please tell me more about items needed in case of a local or national disaster. I know so many folks don't have a clue, but even if I don't live long enough to see it happen, I want to be prepared.
United We WIll Stand